The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for managing GVL’s billing, collections, and related accounting processes. This highly visible role will partner with teams across the organization to perform and continuously improve accounting and financial processes.
- Manage and perform GVL’s Accounts Receivable processes
- Utilize GVL’s billing software and related systems to generate customer invoices and process payments
- Collaborate with customer service team to resolve billing related customer inquiries
- Calculate sales team commissions
- Perform bank account reconciliations
- Responsible for making bank deposits
- Partner with functional area experts throughout the organization to develop and implement process improvements
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Accounting and 2+ years of experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Excel (comfortable writing vlookups and developing pivot tables)
- Strong problem solving ability
- Experience utilizing accounting software
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and revenue recognition principles
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Internet technologies and SaaS experience desired, but not required
GVL provides animal health practitioners with unique, web-based software solutions that simplify processes, compliance and communication. Thousands of veterinarians save time with GVL, reducing errors and compliance issues, retaining client information and records in a searchable account, and providing clients with online and mobile access to their documents. GVL connects veterinarians, producers and animal owners, state animal health officials, feed distributors, veterinary diagnostic laboratories and other animal health industry partners to improve animal wellness and safety.
GVL’s vision is to be the world’s most trusted, secure and independent source of animal health data. GVL believes that all employees contribute to the good of the company. In reflection of this, GVL’s company core values encourage each employee to be Accountable, Spirited, Inspired, Dedicated, and Respectful.
GVL has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisor as deemed appropriate.