1. Cloud: Amazon Webservices (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, OpenShift
2. Database: MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle
3. Configuration Management: Terraform, Ansible
4. Version Control: GitHub
5. Project Management: Jira
6. Build Tools: Apache Maven, Apache Ant
7. Development: Jenkins, Eclipse, Mockito, Checkmarx, Nexus, JUnit, Sonar, IntelliJ IDEA, Java
8. Programming: Solid Java programming experience.
9. Monitoring Tools: Cavisson Monitoring Suite (NetStorm/NetClou, NetDiagnostics,NetOcean, NetForest, NetVision), Splunk, Dynatrace, Load Runner, Prometheus, Grafana
1. General: Support of DevOps related activities as identified by the DevOps Manager. The Architect will work closely with the DevOps Manager and Engineering Managers to develop/execute refactoring, rewrite or lift & shift designs for application cloud migrations. Design and execute CICD Pipeline builds to support new cloud migrations.
2. Project Workload Management: Adherence to project work deliverable timelines tracked via Jira and conveyed by the Engineering/DevOps managers. Responsible for providing reasonable and accurate timeline estimates for deliverables. Works with team scrum master to govern team work and clear blockers.
3. Coordination: Proactively work with the Kohl’s DevOps, MP DevOps, MP Engineering and MP Program teams to understand deliverables, timelines and adherence to standard processes.
4. Architecture: Work closely with enterprise and department engineering architects to establish and support architectural design standards.
5. Cloud Provisioning/Sizing/Tuning: Responsible for the design and cloud architecture construct that is right sized to meet performance SLAs, automatically scaled to support utilization growth and appropriate to support least viable monthly run rate costs.
6. CICD Automation Management: - GitHub/Jenkins code promotion to cloud environments - OpenShift Docker container creation / Cloud provisioning - OpenShift container autoscaling - Unit, smoke, function, regression, failover, integrity, performance testing. - Security scans (Checkmarx) - Static code analysis.
7. Cloud Management: Will develop a custom dashboard for monitoring cloud resource utilization, managing auto/manual resource scaling activities and ensuring all cloud components are properly tagged to identify group ownership for billing.
8. Service Virtualization: Design and build of virtual services to mimic integrations between applications.
9. Automated Testing: Responsible for coordination incorporating test case automation within our CICD pipeline framework.