Manage a distributed DevOps team that will be supporting new web based technology stacks as part of a push to cloud and containerized environments.
You will communicate with all stakeholders including business, engineers, leadership peers, requesters and be the PoC for information on stability of application servers and provision of built artifacts in timely manner.
- Manage DevOps team, be the point of contact for release and application support for developers and QA across the IT organization;
- Plan and prioritize work in accordance with DevOps roadmap, help engineers and clients to coordinate for implementation of solutions related to automation of building, integrating and deployment of software to cloud, containerized and on-premise environments;
- Manage and take part in daily activities to ensure stability and operability of environments and application stack, provisioned to developers and QA;
- Provide release support in accordance with release calendar and plan for specific releases delivery along with managing of provision of DevOps services to internal and external clients.
You will have a strong background in application server support and release engineering best practices in enterprise environment, as well as management of geographically distributed team.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing proposals to resolve problems;
- Experience with Java SDLC build pipeline (Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory);
- Knowledge of git, and git workflows (git-flow, branching/merging, TBD, etc);
- Understanding of Linux Administration (RHEL);
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef or equivalent;
- Experience with cloud IaaS/PaaS and container orchestration platforms (Azure and Kubernetes);
- Experience with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket);
- Experience with containers and build pipelines relevant to them (Docker, Packer, Jenkins pipelines to utilize them);
- Experience with monitoring tools (ELK, Dynatrace - nice to have);
- Good presentation skills, comunication and reporting skills.
- ITIL, Agile/Scrum experience as a manager/team lead
- Ability to translate business goals into technical definitions for the engineers to pursue
- Experience managing 15+ engineers
- Good understanding of documentation and budget procedures needed to manage large projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or similar discipline