Develop overall architectural impact assessment and analysis for Quality Engg, on large, complex pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Design QA infrastructure, establish testing specifications to provide desired functionality to technology solutions, typically for sites, products and programs that have no precedent.
- Implement activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other teams, typically assigned highly complex, and high-risk undertakings that require expert knowledge of technology solution coding languages and regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity.
- Initiate and drive the constant improvement of Functional and Non-Functional Testing frameworks
- Develop a roadmap and detailed implementation plan for Automation, Functional, Integration/E2E & Performance Testing services
- Ability to evaluate and select automation, functional and performance Testing tools for different products and applications
- Provide technical expertise of system architecture, drive and recommend optimal testing strategies for various products and applications
- Collaborate with project teams to strategize & align long term solution for functional, automation and performance testing including roadmap, tools, framework & approach.
- Provide training to Dev/QA resources on testing strategies, standards, tools and processes.
- Provide working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions
- Participate in Performance Testing project planning, tracking, troubleshooting and reporting.
- Work closely with QA team to help, grow and improve the test processes and skill sets
- Be an independent thinker, leader, and problem solver.
- Collaborate with DevOps, Dev and Product owners to verify the testability of the release and define strategies and best practices for all streams (functional and not functional and automation).
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in Software Development and QE.
- Experience working on multiple product delivery cycles simultaneously.
- At least 2 years of experience as an Architect.
- Experience with browser or client side monitoring/analysis tools ( e.g. Gomez, Firebug, Web page test)
- Experience in JVM and SQL queries performance tuning.
- Ability to read and analyze application logs, GC logs, thread dumps, head dumps etc.
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills.
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
- Strong understanding of distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of REST, RPC service patterns and web sockets and other client/server interaction models is a plus.
- Familiar with technology eco-system that supports end-to-end microservice architecture, such as, APIs, message queue, container, service registry/discovery etc