Big Data Analytics Lead
Lead the Global Data and Analytics Practice at Globallogic. Responsible for interacting with prospects and customers managing senior, executive level (CIO/CTO/senior technology personnel) technical and business relationships, and working with a team of key architects in the Delivery organization and building a strong and effective presales/SME team.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Work with key customers and with the account sales and delivery teams at presales stage to map and define technology solutions for Data/Analytics for large and complex enterprise programs or software products and platforms.
- Provide thought leadership to prospects and customers on Data and Analytics, the best technologies, products and platforms, and lead the assessment and design of current and future state architectures, perform gap analysis, and develop transformation roadmaps.
- Responsible for driving the technical excellence of the engineering organization and support the implementation of delivery pipelines with modern delivery technologies.
- Provide technical guidance to clients and engineering teams for building out their Analytics services
- The responsible person must demonstrate strong technical depth and be capable of leading technical solutions effort for Big Data Analytics pre-sales and support customer conversations.
- Other responsibilities will include evaluating new technologies and making recommendations and being a technical mentor to the engineering teams that work on the development of Big Data/Analytics applications. Must be able to actively participate in roadmap discussions and hands on technology evaluation to implement POCs or research.
Desired skills include:
- Solid understanding of Big Data Hadoop ecosystem & Analytics space.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- 8-10+ years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing data architecture solutions with more than 3+ years specializing in big data architecture or data analytics.
- Experience of implementing solutions on Big data technologies - Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Spark, Storm, Impala, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, ZooKeeper and/or Sqoop
- Proficient in the MapReduce programming paradigm
- Experience with Kafka and other distributed messaging systems
- Understanding of various file formats (Avro, Parquet, protobuf, etc…)
- Prior Data design experience using relational databases such as MySQL and with NOSQL data storage like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Come up with solutions based on open source Big Data Analytics framework.
- Closely follow the changes in the open source community specifically regarding Big Data, Data Science and Analytics
- Plus to have BI expertise—specially Enterprise BI--prior experience with Analytics platforms (e.g. Pentaho, Business Objects or similar), OLAP technologies and ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend and/or Pentaho
- Plus: Machine Learning Experience including design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning or AI systems.
- Help shape the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Globallogic.
- Solid software engineering skills across multiple languages including but not limited to Python, C/C++
- Experience with machine learning software packages ( e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Torch)
- Experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, deep learning, bayesian reasoning, recommendation systems, learning for search, speech processing, learning from semistructured data, reinforcement or active learning, ML software systems, machine learning on mobile devices