- Identify prospective accounts and relevant contacts within assigned territory selling automotive technical solutions.
- Research market information on the target accounts, understand and monitor domain trends and competitive landscape, formulate penetration strategy and action plan.
- Nurture relationships with contacts on an ongoing basis.
- Network with professional contacts to generate referrals.
- Identify and qualify specific business opportunities.
- Organize opportunity deal team (engineering SMEs, executives, etc.), and work with external and internal stakeholders to convert opportunities into signed business.
- Manage formal approval and sign-off processes (pricing, business terms, legal contracts).
- Collaborate with the delivery organization to ensure proper fulfillment of customer’s needs (in particular at the start of the relationship).
- Monitor client satisfaction and assist in problem escalation and resolution.
- On assigned accounts, manage legal and financial aspects of the business relationships, such as legal paperwork renewal, rate increases, assistance with payment collection issues, etc.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- 10+ years of experience in a sales role specifically selling automotive technical solutions with direct responsibility for prospecting and closing new business.
- Measurable track record of personally generating new account opportunities.
- Experience in selling of a) Technology products/services; b) Services and Solutions (as opposed to products); c) Outsourcing and specifically offshore.
- Experience in selling to a) Technology focused companies, specifically ISVs and HW OEMs; b) medium to large size accounts; c) executive level contacts, especially VP of Engineering or CTO, or CxO; d) CIOs of technology-enabled enterprises.
- Knowledge of the relevant vertical industry/domain and horizontal technology/service.
- An established executive-level network of connections within the relevant target market.
- Education in technology and software, or in marketing, sales, business.
· Travel: 30-50% of the time, mostly regional/national with 3-4 international trips a year.