About the Role
Gimbal's Customer Engineer serves as a technology adviser to existing customers and assigned clients. The ability to understand customer requirements, determine the best solutions, and effectively communicate the value proposition of those solutions are critical skills.
As a technical professional with proven customer-facing experience, you will own all technical post sales activities, serve as an internal and external technical authority, and manage customers’ issues while mastering Gimbal’s technology. Reporting to the Head of Client Strategy, the Customer Engineer collaborates with sales, engineering, customer success and product development to ensure proposed implementations include technical solutions that address customer needs. The Customer Engineer is responsible to ensure customer implementations are successful and work to resolve customer issues that may impact existing revenue.
What you’ll do:
- Own the technical post-sales process (technical onboarding/implementation, issue resolution, SDK troubleshooting, escalation of issues to core engineering team, etc.)
- Help scale support and implementation by building out knowledgebase base of FAQs from customers and prospects
- Drive progress towards successful implementation and expansion.
- Work with customers and partners to understand and propose technical solutions.
- Provide technical product overview by way of product demonstration of business use cases, educate and train customers about their setup, new functionalities, best practices, etc.
- Responsible for completing the technical aspect of RFP’s that may arise for existing business.
- Manage technical requests for numerous customers and prospects day to day including zendesk support tickets
- Strong developer experience with iOS, Android, and SaaS applications
- 5+ years of SasS Customer Engineering experience
- Understanding of mobile technology, App development, and related SDKs
- Experience with location based technology a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting and triage of technical issues in a fast paced environment, to support customers.
- Hands-on/technical problem solver personality.
- Confidence working with customers and public speaking.
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements.
- Able & willing to travel periodically as the job requires
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using its own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is headquartered in downtown LA with offices in San Diego, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sao Paulo.
● 7 Years in development
● $90M Invested
● Over 10,000 end customers
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software. Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all star line up.
● Voted “Silicon Beach Startup of the Year” for 2018 by ThinkLA
● Inc. Magazine ranked Gimbal, Inc. number 66 on its 35th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies of 2017.
● “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016”
● “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As.
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today. We believe this offering can lead us to a multi-billion liquidity event via acquisition or IPO.
Benefits and Perks
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Company paid Life and Disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan
- Subsidized gym membership
- Referral bonus program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Dog-friendly office
(Candidates must answer all application questions to be considered for the role)