Gimbal is looking for a Product Manager with a focus on leading and growing data products related to our Data Cloud, Location Platform, and Ad Platform offerings from zero to significant revenue. In addition, this person should be able to help direct the vision and backlogs of the Media Platform, as well as the Location Platform lines of revenue. This person should be seasoned and experienced so as to perhaps be the de facto if not official Head of Product, and coach and mentor current and future less experienced Product Managers.
Because the scope is somewhat flexible, the title and salary range is as well. Gimbal is willing to pay market rates for Senior, Director, Head of, Chief Product-level talent that are well qualified for this role.
The ideal candidate will be very strong in strategy, vision, leadership, and an expert in location, and/or data markets and ideally have some experience with ad tech.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Define the product vision and strategy
- Be the expert in the location data market
- Facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking
- Identify quantifiable market opportunities and guide engineering, sales & marketing to capture market share
- Spending considerable time in market with customers understanding wants, needs, and validating product vision and plans
- Engage in the development of user requirements and business plan for an offering or a solution within an offering.
- Market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities.
- Outline competitors’ SWOT, features, and market share to develop business plan and refine strategy.
- Collaborate in the defining and delivering innovative offerings by determining customer requirements based on market analysis, target features / use cases, design plan, and design specifications.
- Monitor ongoing execution of offering development to ensure it meets and exceeds industry standards
- Track progress against success metrics and escalate potential risks or arising issues.
- Establish pricing for commercial offerings of Data Cloud solutions.
- 5+ years in a Product Management role in a relevant area such as ad tech, marketing tech, online advertising, media measurement, or location tech
- Deep understanding & expertise of the location data ecosystem
- Strategic and visionary with proven track record of success
- Expertise in location datasets
- B.A./B.S. in a Business field of study, MBA preferred
- Expertise in data privacy, and GDPR related topics preferred
- Expertise in SaaS, DaaS, SDKs and data preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Business or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- Experience with SQL, Python and Tableau and plus
About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using its own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is headquartered in downtown LA with offices in San Diego, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sao Paulo.
● 7 Years in development
● $90M Invested
● Over 10,000 end customers
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software. Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all star line up.
● Voted “Silicon Beach Startup of the Year” for 2018 by ThinkLA
● Inc. Magazine ranked Gimbal, Inc. number 66 on its 35th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies of 2017
● “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016”
● “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today. We believe this offering can lead us to a multi-billion liquidity event via acquisition or IPO.
Benefits and Perks
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Company paid Life and Disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan
- Subsidized gym membership
- Referral bonus program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Dog-friendly office