About the Job
The Director, Data Cloud Business Development role will be focused on two strategic initiatives to evolve Gimbal’s Data Cloud Business - App Development and Data Partnerships:
App Development will involve identifying and closing new partnerships with leading location enabled mobile apps throughout the US and target territories. The role will be responsible for the strategy Gimbal implements to recruit new apps, new business pipeline, and ongoing senior level relationship management.
Data Partnerships will involve working with organizations that wish to license Gimbal location data. The role will be responsible for identifying the target customers to license Gimbal location data and executions of new partnerships. Gimbal will be pursuing organizations that will only use Gimbal data in a consumer friendly manner and in businesses that are complementary to Gimbal’s current suite of solutions.
Who you are:
- A proven business development executive with demonstrated success delivering results
- Digital and mobile technology enthusiast
- Thrives in fast pace, emerging business environments
- Enjoys both dictating strategy and executing against plans
- Understands the location technology landscape and both the supply and demand dynamics
- Creative deal maker, always looking for new ways to evolve partnerships and the business as a whole
- Proactive and action oriented
- Motivated individual, with a positive attitude, who consistently exceeds expectations
What you will be doing:
- Working with Gimbal Executives to evolve the strategy and execution plan for the supply and demand of our data ecosystem- i.e the Gimbal Data Cloud
- Evolving the business terms of our supply and demand partnerships
- Managing business development pipelines for both Apps and data partners
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA desirable
- 7+ years of business development experience
- Proximity location mobile technology experience, including software
- Digital data business development experience - supply and/or demand
- Experience in using data and insights to inform corporate and product strategy
- Superior client facing presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in building and growing relationships
About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using its own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is headquartered in downtown LA with offices in San Diego, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sao Paulo.
● 7 Years in development
● $90M Invested
● Over 10,000 end customers
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software. Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all star lineup.
● Voted “Silicon Beach Startup of the Year” for 2018 by ThinkLA
● Inc. Magazine ranked Gimbal, Inc. number 66 on its 35th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies of 2017
● “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016”
● “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today. We believe this offering can lead us to a multi-billion liquidity event via acquisition or IPO.
Benefits and Perks
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Company paid Life and Disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Subsidized gym membership and cell phone allowance
- Annual professional development stipend
- Referral bonus program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Dog-friendly office