About the Job
The Account Director role will be tasked with selling mobile location management and advertising solutions to the world’s largest brands and agencies. The role will be based in Gimbal’s NYC office. Experience and agency/client relationships within key markets are important to success in this role.
As an Account Director at Gimbal, you will be a key member of a fast-paced and quickly growing sales team. Your focus is the positioning, presentation, and execution of partnerships leveraging Gimbal’s unique location technology and media execution platform.
Who you are:
- A tenacious sales professional - you love the thrill of landing a new account or sale
- A well-connected social butterfly - the only thing that grows faster than your closed sales is your Rolodex. Your relationships span beyond whatever company you are with or product you are selling
- A tech enthusiast - you know about the latest trends and technologies before they are even released into Beta, and spread the word of the next big thing to your network of friends and colleagues
- A mover and a shaker – you’re two steps ahead of the person who’s two steps ahead, and you’ve probably already started your 30-60-90 day sales-plan
What you will be doing:
- Leveraging your existing relationships with advertising agencies, brands, and clients to increase revenue through the presentation of Gimbal's services and suite of product offerings
- Partnering with the Sales Planning team to create proposals in response to RFPs
- Utilizing Gimbal's sales methodology from proposal to close
- Evangelizing Gimbal in market and actively sharing materials on thought-leadership
- Managing the pipeline of activity and providing regular status updates
- Monitoring clients’ campaign performance through a partnership with the Account Management Team
- Representing Gimbal’s value proposition within the advertising community
- Working with Sales Planner(s), Account Manager(s), Creative Lab, Marketing, Business Intelligence, and AdOps to develop market-leading proposals
- Being a role model and representative of Gimbal’s culture both internally and externally
What you have:
- Minimum of 3 years of digital and/or mobile sales experience
- Proximity location mobile technology experience
- Experience in building and growing relationships, including strong agency relationships
- Thorough understanding of the digital media landscape
- Knowledge of data management solutions
- Consultative and value selling sales skills
- Brand Direct Enterprise sales experience
- Superior client facing presentation skills
- Motivated individual, with a positive attitude, who can consistently strive to exceed expectations
- A natural negotiator
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Use data to effectively tell a clear story
- Knowledge of Salesforce
About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using its own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is headquartered in downtown LA with offices in San Diego, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sao Paulo.
● 7 Years in development
● $90M Invested
● Over 10,000 end customers
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software. Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all star lineup.
● Voted “Silicon Beach Startup of the Year” for 2018 by ThinkLA
● Inc. Magazine ranked Gimbal, Inc. number 66 on its 35th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies of 2017
● “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016”
● “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today. We believe this offering can lead us to a multi-billion liquidity event via acquisition or IPO.
Benefits and Perks
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Company paid Life and Disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan
- Subsidized gym membership
- Referral bonus program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Dog-friendly office