Gimbal is seeking a motivated and well connected Director, Business Development - Channel Partnerships, East Coast to lead new customer growth acquisition efforts for our Channel Partnerships business. Located within our midtown NYC office, this exciting role is multifaceted and will support all aspects of our sales strategy and process, with a focus on proactive sales outreach for the Gimbal product suite to prospective clients.
Gimbal provides a leading location and consumer identity ad platform within a full-service media offering, that it licenses to channel partners with customized self-service components. Our channel partners are primarily serving mid-size to small advertising partners. These Channel partners typically white-label, package and sell the Gimbal digital ad solution with their own media offerings.
A key point of success for the role will be quickly building a pipeline of target customers. Ideally accelerated by leveraging expertise in working with national media companies and existing relationships with senior level executives. Target channel partners include out of home media companies, radio companies, regional TV networks, and other national media companies.
As the Director, Business Development - Channel Partnerships you will:
- Identify and outreach to prospective business opportunities using a consultative selling approach
- Work closely with Channel Partnerships Team to target, qualify and close sales opportunities
- Learn and demonstrate superior knowledge of Gimbal’s offering to prospects
- Present Gimbal’s solutions, deliver customized proposals, negotiate and close new Channel Partnerships
- Remain involved through onboarding of new partners and for ongoing relationship management
- Be responsible for a quarterly client revenue growth quota and a robust pipeline of activity
- Be a strong team player - success in this role is dependent on strong communication, forging cross-departmental relationships, and breaking down silos to achieve positive sale outcomes
- Have a thorough understanding of the needs of the market and assist Gimbal with executing against our ongoing strategy to accelerate the Channel business.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional sales experience
- 5+ years of Digital advertising ecosystem expertise
- Strong network with media companies throughout the US
- Proven ability prospecting and closing opportunities while meeting/exceeding revenue goals
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Expert experience with Google Office Suite and Powerpoint
- A positive customer-oriented attitude and unshakeable professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented mindset
About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using its own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is headquartered in downtown LA with offices in San Diego, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sao Paulo.
● 7 Years in development
● $90M Invested
● Over 10,000 end customers
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software. Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all star line up.
● Voted “Silicon Beach Startup of the Year” for 2018 by ThinkLA
● Inc. Magazine ranked Gimbal, Inc. number 66 on its 35th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies of 2017
● “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016”
● “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today. We believe this offering can lead us to a multi-billion liquidity event via acquisition or IPO.
Benefits and Perks
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Company paid Life and Disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan
- Subsidized gym membership
- Referral bonus program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Dog-friendly office