About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using its own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is headquartered in downtown LA with offices in San Diego, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sao Paulo.
● 7 Years in development
● $90M Invested
● Over 10,000 end customers
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software. Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all star line up.
● Inc. Magazine ranked Gimbal, Inc. number 66 on its 35th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies of 2017.
● “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016”
● “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As.
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today. We believe this offering can lead us to a multi-billion liquidity event via acquisition or IPO.
About the Job
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our dynamic, fast-paced, and growing startup! This is the ideal opportunity for individuals with a strong background in Computer Science and a love of all things data.
As a Software Engineer, you will be:
- Documenting and managing multiple repositories of code
- Collaborating between teams to develop internal systems and resolve bugs
- Assisting in the development of user-facing features and/or optimizing for speed and scalability
- Helping to deploy new products and product improvements
- At least 3-5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Understanding of best practices and common coding patterns
- Experience with shipping feature and fixing bugs in an agile environment
- Experience with unit testing, and test/behavior-driven development
- Understanding of Git and collaboration software
- Proven ability to contribute during technical and non-technical meetings
- Desire to learn and expand on technical knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to QA own work
- Strong communications skills and ability to discuss ideas articulately with an open mind
- Previous startup experience a bonus
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life and Disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan offered
- Subsidized gym membership
- Referral bonus program
- Dog-friendly office
Candidates must answer ALL application questions in order to be considered for the role.