General Indemnity Group
For centuries, there has been no industry more exciting than insurance. With the exception, of course, of every other industry. However, where others see boring, we see opportunity. General Indemnity is looking to carve out a profitable space in a $550 billion existing market. We don’t have to create the market for our products; it’s already there.
While others are claiming to be able to build new “insurance tech”, they often still rely on finding partner insurance companies for their products. GIG runs an actual insurance company that can write the policy.
GIG’s Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, executing, and optimizing campaigns across a variety of channels.
We are especially interested in candidates from underrepresented groups as well as individuals who have experience with diverse populations who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of GIG.
GIG’s Marketing Manager will manage all aspects of their campaigns in coordination with product management, UX design, and software development. As GIG’s business and team grow, a Marketing Manager who demonstrates top performance will have the opportunity to lead marketing teams.
- Design campaigns for paid and organic channels including email, direct mail, organic search (SEO), paid search (SEM), social media, and retargeting
- Experiment continuously to test and optimize performance throughout
- Develop reports and dashboards to continually monitor key performance metrics
- Coordinate with marketing analysis, marketing design, and web development to convert visitors into leads and customers through funnels including landing pages, lead forms, and conversational marketing.
- Coordinate content strategy with UX design and develop content for social media including blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Grow prospect lists
- Design and conduct market research to segment the market and understand target customer needs
- Develop one or more brands and corresponding brand positioning, voice, copy
- Establish means to define scope of marketing tasks, measure task throughput and cycle time
- Create marketing work for the company proper proactively and as needed
- Create marketing work for subsidiaries as needed
GIG’s ideal Marketing Manager will also:
- Demonstrate interest in following and experimenting with new tools on the marketing tech landscape
- Demonstrate skill and experience with:
- Experimentation and optimization techniques and tools such as A/B testing and Optimizely
- Google tools including Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager
- Email marketing and delivery services like MailChimp and SendGrid
- Direct mail services such as Lob
- Conversation marketing services such as Intercom and Drift
- SQL and business intelligence services such as Mode, Looker, and Tableau
- Content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress and Drupal
- Customer relationship management systems (CRM) such as Salesforce, HubSpot, and SugarCRM
- Measure and manage performance using key SaaS metrics such as LTV, CAC, ARR, ARPU
- Recognize limitations of individual capacity, skills, and experience; report needs exceeding personal capacity or skills
- Source and delegate to top independent contractors and employees
- Refer top individuals and organizations from their network to fill company needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in performance marketing
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Desire to automate, modernize, optimize, and scale a profitable manual business model
- Principal location in Boston
- Must be willing and comfortable traveling as necessary
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits
Individuals seeking employment at General Indemnity Group are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
I’m Matt McClure, GIG’s CTO. My past experiences working with health and auto insurers sparked my interest in insurtech. I grew and led the software engineering teams at MapMyFitness and TrueMotion. At MapMyFitness, I helped scale the platform’s capacity as the MapMyRun and MapMyRide communities grew from 2 million to 20 million users. At TrueMotion, my teammates and I built a platform to measure and improve driving safety. TrueMotion now powers Progressive’s Snapshot mobile apps. I’m looking forward to hearing from you if you’re interested in working with me on GIG’s unique opportunity to transform an industry.
About the Company
General Indemnity Group (GIG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Omaha Corporation, a publicly traded holding company (NASDAQ: BOMN). GIG is an insurance company that owns an “A-” rated insurance company with a 27-year operating history, a surety-focused managing general agency (MGA), and a captive insurance company. GIG is actively looking for additional acquisitions in the insurance space