For centuries, there has been no industry more exciting than insurance. With the exception, of course, of every other industry. However, where others see boring, we see opportunity. General Indemnity is looking to carve out a profitable space in a $550 billion existing market. We don’t have to create the market for our products; it’s already there.
The frontend software engineer will write modern web-based applications to enable all sorts of fun insurance activities -- from user facing applications to explore and purchase to internal tools to manage the company’s premium pool.
We are especially interested in candidates from underrepresented groups as well as individuals who have experience with diverse populations who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of GIG.
- Develop a modern web-based frontend for both user-facing and internal tools
- Work closely with the backend team to design the APIs your applications will use
- Work with designers and product managers from the get-go on greenfield projects -- opinions on UX and design warmly welcomed
- Occasionally give the office dogs a good petting
- Prior experience shipping web software
- Comfortable with one of the modern single-page-app frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Mithril, the current hot-framework-of-the-week)
- Comfortable working with SQL databases and schemas
- Principal location in Boston on Newbury st; prime spot for delicious lunches