Giant Spoon is looking for a Senior Strategist who is able to deliver key insights to ultimately drive a strategic campaign direction for our clients, and build on established client relationships.
Giant Spoon is a modern full-service agency that puts strategy first—strategy based on a unique obsession with culture designed to leverage media, technology, and creativity to solve business problems. We focus on the inner dynamics of culture because we believe that only then can brands breakthrough category conventions in a way that is meaningful to our audiences. From the enlightening high-culture of Ira Glass to the cringe-worthy pop culture of Chris Harrison, our immersion has no limit. In the same breath, we also believe that strategy should must the idea. If we cannot articulate how a strategy will come to life, it is likely not the best strategy.
We are looking for individuals with a creative and entrepreneurial drive and excitement to work in a fast-paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively assist on multiple projects at a time. This person will also be responsible for not only translating audience insights and marketing objectives into campaign strategies but will also be tasked with proficiently working on campaigns throughout all phases of a project—from consumer understanding and strategic planning to idea development and execution.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for information whether about a subculture of people, new technology, emerging platforms, social content, pop culture, and everything in between. They should demonstrate a strong ability to observe and interpret information in order to uncover and clearly communicate actionable insights that create value for our clients.
- Manage day-to-day client strategic client needs
- Develop strategic narratives to inspire audience and culture-led ideas
- Aid in the development of creative ideas designed to solve a specific business problem
- Collaborate with team members during various phases of a project
- Work with account leads to define and meet client expectations for project deliverables
- Create and present intelligence reports to client and agency
- Stay up-to-date on the latest cultural trends, strategy tactics, and industry news
- Play an active role in the implementation and execution of the strategy
- Proactively bring forward media and partnership opportunities to take advantage of new technologies, launches, pop culture, and current events
- 4-6 years in brand strategy/account planning with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience working on large brands, experiential programs, and content creation is preferred
- Experience and interest in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong understanding of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Acute attention to detail
- Open to travel as necessary