Giant Spoon is a modern full-service creative and media agency that puts strategy first—strategy based on a unique obsession with culture designed to leverage media, technology, and creativity to solve business problems.
The Sr. Resource and Project Manager would be an integral role in helping to manage and maximize internal resources across the agency. This person would understand the scope requirements of projects, the skillset and job function of creative, strategy, and media employees and help curate the right teams while analyzing budgets, forecast resource capacity for businesses in the pipeline and keep track of resource cost against project scopes. This person would partner with account leads/managers to validate new assignments, ensuring timelines and deliverables are realistic and achievable and then align to adjust project timelines as needed.
Giant Spoon isn’t your typical advertising agency and the right candidate for this role isn’t typical either. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the details. Qualified candidates take pleasure in getting to “do it all” at Giant Spoon, supporting on projects that blur the lines between media, strategy, intelligence and creative. The Ideal candidate is constantly looking for ways to make operations more efficient, opportunities to improve the model or framework they are working with. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in weekly resource meetings with department heads to manage agency project workflow, forecast strategy, creative, production, and media timelines.
- Responsible for initiating the project by appropriately setting it up in the project management system (Basecamp).
- This person would also validate team assignments in the resource management system (Forecast) while ensuring there is a balanced workload across individuals and teams.
- Monitor day-to-day project activities, tracking changes and identifying potential instances of underutilization; actively solving those issues.
- Coordinate with People team to source, hire, and maintain a bench of freelance talent including creatives and strategists
- Train all new creative employees and freelancers on process
- Understand team dynamics; facilitate agency process and increase productivity; coming up with ideas to help us run more smoothly.
- Light project management would be needed to assist in scheduling creative reviews and check-ins with senior leadership.
- 4-6 years of project management experience in an agency setting
- Deep understanding of agency workflow, skillsets, and synergies
- Experience using project management and resource tools like Basecamp, Forecast, Trello, Asana, or something similar
- Ability to plan ahead - regularly review, forecast, and reforecast your project resource needs
- Ability to navigate high-pressure situations, identify problems + solutions, and escalate as needed
- Clear communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in management of multiple levels of talent
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.