AdWeek’s 2018 Breakthrough agency of the year and Ad Age’s 2019 #3 A-List agency, Giant Spoon, seeks an Executive Creative Director to join our leadership team in Los Angeles. This dynamic leader is responsible for leading, developing and inspiring all LA creatives while exceeding expectations across all LA accounts and projects.
The ECD will bring sharp creative insights to our clients and foster enduring partnerships. Unafraid to roll up their sleeves this ECD will be a leader who inspires others through action. Someone determined to deliver big, culturally significant, and strategically driven ideas for our brands across all media platforms. A leader who is forward-looking, excited about growing business, and eager to tell inspiring integrated stories for brands.
- Developing powerful and valuable connections between client’s needs, strategy and creative work to meet those needs, while being capable of going beyond what clients and partners can imagine.
- Guiding the agency, clients, and partners through strategy, creative platform development, messaging briefs and activation and playing a key role in preparing and delivering creative presentations and activations.
- Collaborating with internal strategy, research, and data, account management, media, creative and production resources to ensure creative excellence, maximum awareness, and effectiveness.
- Understanding the opportunities offered by digital, social and technology platforms and media, and translating these developments into winning strategies and outcomes for our clients.
- Building and establishing best practices and processes for the creative team and cross-team collaboration.
- Building and leading the team to develop engaging creative content in any medium globally.
- Fostering a supportive and inclusive environment for a diverse group of individuals.
- Documenting project successes and creating team visibility to the wider business.
- Celebrating the team’s work internally, online, at industry events, and continuing as an industry thought leader on behalf of the agency.
- Expertise in streaming, podcasts, experiences and what is next in consumer engagement.
- Deep sociocultural knowledge of what engages consumers across industries.
- 12+ years of creative leadership experience with top agencies and or brands.
- Awarded conceptual skills working across diverse platforms with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to generate new business opportunities and develop client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to hire, build and manage a creative department
- Proven experience leading winning pitches
- A strong vision with the ability to direct and inspire others across the whole agency ecosystem
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.