Giant Spoon is a modern full-service creative and media agency that puts strategy first—strategy based on a unique obsession with culture designed to leverage media, technology, and creativity to solve business problems.
Giant Spoon is looking for a Controller who will be responsible for managing and overseeing all facets of our accounting operations including compiling and analyzing financial reporting, developing and managing financial controls, and preparing monthly and annual operating budgets. We are open to candidates based in New York or Los Angeles.
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Loves never-been-measured before challenges, shifting deadlines and setting high bars of achievement
- Proficiency with accounting software required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.