Giant Spoon is looking for a Strategist who is able to identify and deliver key insights to ultimately drive strategic entertainment marketing campaigns for our clients.
Giant Spoon is a modern full-service agency that puts strategy first—strategy based on a unique obsession with culture designed to leverage media, technology, and creativity to solve business problems. We focus on the inner dynamics of culture because we believe that only then can brands breakthrough category conventions in a way that is meaningful to our audiences. From the enlightening high-culture of Ira Glass to the cringe-worthy pop culture of Chris Harrison, our immersion has no limit. In the same breath, we also believe that strategy should must the idea. If we cannot articulate how a strategy will come to life, it is likely not the best strategy.
We are looking for individuals with a creative and entrepreneurial drive and excitement to work in a fast-paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively assist on multiple projects at a time. This person will also be responsible for not only translating audience insights and marketing objectives into campaign strategies but will also be tasked with proficiently working on campaigns throughout all phases of a project—from consumer understanding and strategic planning to idea development and execution.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for information whether about a subculture of people, new technology, emerging platforms, social content, pop culture, and everything in between. They should demonstrate a strong ability to observe and interpret information in order to uncover and clearly communicate actionable insights that create value for our clients.
- Collect and assess television data to extract strategic insights - Nielsen ratings, audience segmentation, etc
- Develop strategic narratives to inspire audiences and culture-led ideas
- Communicate strategic planning insights to key clients
- Aid in the development of creative ideas designed to solve a specific business problem
- Collaborate with team members during various phases of a project
- Work with account leads to define and meet client expectations for project deliverables
- Help create and present audience intelligence and trends reports
- Stay up-to-date on the latest television trends, strategy tactics, and industry news
- 2-4 years in entertainment marketing strategy/account planning with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience working on TV/entertainment brands, experiential programs, and content creation is preferred
- Experience and interest in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience and interest in the television business is preferred
- Strong understanding of the trends shaping entertainment and consumer behavior today and in the future
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry