Giant Spoon is looking for a Senior Analyst with a track record for teasing insights from data. Someone who knows the story lies between the lines -- a combination of qualitative and quantitative, art and science analysis. Ideal candidates should have a history of nurturing actionable recommendations by combining quantitative skill sets with the qualitative research. This role is highly visible, and laser-focused on building a data-driven platform for decision making. Your end goal is to position analytics as a launchpad for media with a positive impact across all marketing channels.
We are looking for individuals who take pride in their ability to distill the complex and hard-to-understand into actionable insights. Candidates are able to extract meaningful learnings from the noise, and will also go out of their way to seek answers that are not immediately obvious. They find themselves doing more with less without losing sight of the client’s business objectives - geeking out on data while getting others excited in the process.
The ideal candidate has a “big picture” purview into marketing intelligence and cross-channel measurement and experience building relationships with agency / channel leads.
- Manage cross-channel measurement plans, cadenced reports, and post campaign analysis
- Develop dashboards and automate reporting deliverables for channel leads
- Evaluate adtech as it relates to data visualization, attribution software, and data processing in cloud environments
- Develop and execute A / B split testing frameworks with client stakeholders and implement best practices around data collection
- Analyze and structure raw data, draw conclusions, communicate actionable recommendations, and forecast possible outcomes.
- Develop and improve methods for measuring the causal impact of overall marketing initiatives especially media advertisement using experimental and observational data
- Apply optimization algorithms to guide efficient media budget allocation
- Use proven statistical techniques (t-tests, CHAID, ANOVA, correlation, regression, ARIMA, clustering, decision trees, factor analysis, etc.) to understand how advertising efforts affects KPIs
- Socialize analytics outputs and bubble up media opportunities for agency partners and vendors
- Act in a consultative role supporting channel managers and BI teams with analytics insights and process improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or related subject
- 3 + years of experience working in analytics (Agency or startup experience is a major plus)
- Strong familiarity with media planning / research tools, e.g., comScore, Nielsen, MRI, etc.
- Solid fundamentals working with data from 3rd party ad servers, e.g., DoubleClick, Sizmek, Atlas, MediaMath, etc.
- Experience working with cross-channel ad effectiveness surveys with partners like Dynata and Kantar, including drafting SOWs, writing survey questionnaires and analyzing/interpreting results
- A history of using data visualization SaaS to democratize reporting via Tableau, Data Studio, Mode Analytics, etc.
- Proficient with tabular data, spreadsheets, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Ability to understand a business problem and translate it into questions that power executable learning agendas
- Proficiency with the following tools/languages: R/Python, SQL, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience building, connecting to and leveraging databases across BigQuery, AWS, Heroku, Snowflake, etc
- Experience using statistical, econometric, machine learning and optimization techniques
- A drive to tell a holistic story with data through visualization techniques and verbal story-telling prowess
- A proven curiosity to adapt or try new analytical techniques on-the-fly as required
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.