Giant Spoon is looking for a Jr. Content Strategist who will be responsible for assisting with the approach and execution of content production with publishing partners.
For us at Giant Spoon, content is not just another buzzword, but an effective way to translate objectives, insights, and strategies into innovative and interactive marketing solutions. While working within the content disciple, candidates must display an aptitude and interest for the entire ecosystem (e.g. brand planning, media planning, social media strategy, creative development, etc.).
The Jr. Content Strategist will work with the team’s content lead and extended team including jr. brand strategists, jr. media strategists and account managers to ensure that the content is aligned with our client’s overall marketing efforts. We are looking for individuals who possess a creative and entrepreneurial drive and are excited to create intrinsically smart work in a fast paced environment.
- Manage all phases of content creation with partners: research, strategic planning, content production, optimization across digital channels, and reporting
- Work with clients and internal team to identify brand and campaign objectives and goals while establishing specific KPIs for content and engagement across all media platforms
- Identify and execute authentic opportunities for influencer content and campaigns including strategy creation, industry research, internal vetting, contracting and negotiations, asset development, project management, and reporting.
- Assist in developing clear, concise and compelling work that is both internal and client-facing such as strategy presentations, content briefs, POVs, campaign wrap reports, and other deliverables as necessary
- Collaborate with strategy and media team members during brainstorms to ensure content ideas are on content strategy
- Identify and execute authentic opportunities for repurposing partner-produced content on clients’ owned and operated brand channels
- Manage workflow and process with the development of content with publishing partners, internal creative teams, and client
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with appropriate partner publishers
- Understand social listening services and basic research techniques to support development and execution of pitch decks, strategy, content and campaign wrap-up reports
- Stay up-to-date and maintain fluency with the latest cultural trends, social tactics, platform changes, and industry news
- 1-3 years in content or creative strategy and production or social media strategy
- Experience working on small to large brands, experiential programs and content creation
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience in social media listening and measuring the success of content
- General knowledge of social platforms and the digital space
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Self-starter and the ability to creatively problem solve
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and the smallest details
- Understands how to craft a compelling narrative across different channels - knows how to match the message to the medium
- Strong understanding of the cultural trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Digitally connected and passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Open to travel as necessary