Giant Spoon is seeking a dynamic Director, Experiential Production, to lead our team in New York City. This role will be responsible for overseeing the success of every project by establishing thoughtful timelines, managing resources diligently, and exhibiting a highly collaborative work style. The Director must be a natural leader, skilled at managing and mentoring their team as well as building trusted relationships with clients and vendors. They must be extremely organized, proactive, and polished in everything they do. Guiding a team of producers through large-scale, complex events and activations with ease.
- Hire and manage a team of producers and production coordinators (full-time & freelance)
- Create a safe and productive work environment that encourages growth, collaboration, critical thinking, and world class executions
- Maintain a vetted list of potential freelance talent, ensuring the department can quickly scale up as workload requires
- Actively manage the production team across all active projects and new business.
- Accurately assess and forecast the staffing needs across projects. Assigning ideal teams based on appropriate skills and level
- Manage the staffing budget, while setting up every team member for success with a manageable workload
- Work closely with each production team to troubleshoot when needed. Offer guidance towards efficient and cost-effective solutions
- Maintain the master vendor and venue lists. Vetting and meeting the best possible vendors
- Research and introduce new technologies, event tools, and partners to the agency
- Collaborate with Accounts and Design leadership to evaluate and create project schedules for new events. Ensure realistic deadlines are manage the team throughout to ensure feasibility
- Support project teams on production planning by setting roles and responsibilities, building production schedules, and vetting operations and logistics
- Constantly evaluate process, efficiency, and structure to help ensure continued success of the department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A confident leader who is adept at managing and mentoring people while implementing process
- Must be decisive, assertive, and strategic
- Has a strong aptitude for organization, delegation and prioritization
- Fluent in all aspects of event planning and execution, including building multimillion-dollar budgets and complex timelines.
- A master at budgeting, easily capable of reviewing and accounting for all event budgets
- A skilled communicator who is able to navigate difficult conversations with tact
- Must be passionate, positive, and solution-oriented
- 10+ years of experience in events and experiential marketing production, with in depth knowledge of custom fabrication, AV, and immersive theatre and narrative driven experiences
- Willingness to work extended hours and travel
- Proven experience managing a team and a track record of successfully producing large-scale events and activations both nationally and internationally.
- Agency experience is a must.
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.