Giant Spoon is looking for an Associate Director, People who is experienced with outstanding people skills to manage our personnel and ensure that our human resources programs and initiatives are effective, efficient, and aligned to overall business objectives. Our Associate Director, People is responsible for the day-to-day management of personnel, communications, and policy administration.
The ideal candidate is constantly looking for ways to make operations more efficient, opportunities to help improve processes already in place, and has an employee-focused approach to HR. Someone that has an eye for detail, is proactive, efficient and can build relationships within the agency.
- Manage performance review training for both Managers and Non-Managers
- Managing the on-boarding process as well as the off-boarding process by organizing exit interviews, severance details, and analyzing turnover data
- Collaborate within the People team to develop effective recruitment strategies
- Speak with department leads to discuss employee relation issues, open roles and succession planning
- Oversee all recruitment for the NY office through our ATS, GoogleHire
- HRIS Administration
- Oversee all payroll processing
- Oversee all Federal and NY Compliance Matters
- Conduct workplace investigations and work with Legal on investigation resolutions.
- Coordinate open enrollments, changes, and training for employee benefits programs.
- Resolving benefits & payroll related problems
- Assist with major People programs like Learning & Development
- Answering employee requests and questions
- Maintaining employee files
- Ad-hoc projects as they arise
- Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary
- 7-10 years of People Operations experience (HR + Recruitment)
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Business Administration or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of the human resources field
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
- Understanding of state and federal employment regulations
- Experience working in an advertising/marketing agency a plus
- Pays very close attention to detail
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.