Giant Spoon is looking for Production Coordinators to support the production team across multiple projects in our New York office. This person must be highly organized, self-motivated, able to think strategically and quickly, and must be able to approach unique problems in new ways. Successful Coordinators at Giant Spoon are incredibly resourceful, love to work magic in spreadsheets, are attentive to details, great with numbers, and work well in a team environment.
- Supporting the execution of large-scale, highly complex live experiential events
- Executing project tasks, as directed by Associate Producer(s) and/or Producer(s)
- Researching, sourcing and securing venues and vendors, event staff, catering, etc.
- Manage day-to-day communication, scheduling, and coordination between team members across in-house departments as well as outside organizations/consultants
- Edit and maintaining project documentation including: project timelines, production schedules, contact sheets, status reports, agendas, meeting notes etc. MUST be highly skilled in managing detailed and organized spreadsheets and tracking docs.
- Work closely with finance and legal teams on vendor contracts and billing. MUST have a knack for numbers, budgeting, billing, and keeping it all organized.
- Participation in brainstorms, team, and client meetings and briefings
- Actively track project status and progress - set up meetings and send meeting recaps, next steps
- Effectively hit deadlines and find new ways to streamline process
- Managing teams and vendors on-site to ensure seamless installation and execution
- Thrives and is successful in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Is a self-starter - able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in the event, marketing, entertainment or advertising industries
- Proactive and able to take direction and feedback
- Ability to prioritize and shift focus with ease
- Passionate and able to maintain a positive and solution-oriented attitude, and loves to learn and be challenged
- Excited by the opportunity to wear multiple hats
- 2+ years of experience in events/live production; agency experience preferred
- Willingness to travel and work weekends
- In-office and onsite event management experience
- Flexibility and a smile!
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.