Giant Spoon is looking for a Group Strategy Director to serve as a strategic leader across multiple projects, develop and lead creative briefings, and mentor a team of strategists. This person must gain a deep understanding of clients’ key challenges and work closely with internal and external teams to recommend insights, opportunities, and creative strategies.
Giant Spoon is a modern full-service agency that puts strategy first—strategy based on a unique obsession with culture designed to leverage media, technology, and creativity to solve business problems. We focus on the inner dynamics of culture because we believe that only then can brands breakthrough category conventions in a way that is meaningful to our audiences. From the enlightening high-culture of Ira Glass to the cringe-worthy pop culture of Chris Harrison, our immersion has no limit. In the same breath, we also believe that strategy should must the idea. If we cannot articulate how a strategy will come to life, it is likely not the best strategy.
We are looking for individuals with a creative and entrepreneurial drive and excitement to work in a fast-paced environment while thinking quickly on their feet. Qualified candidates will be able to effectively provide oversite on multiple projects at a time. This person will also be responsible for not only translating audience insights and marketing objectives into campaign strategies but will also be tasked with proficiently working on campaigns throughout all phases of a project—from consumer understanding and strategic planning to idea development and execution. Moreover, this person will be looked at to develop the team in these ways and also push the boundaries of what we create and how.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong appetite for information whether about a subculture of people, new technology, emerging platforms, social content, pop culture, and everything in between. They should demonstrate a strong ability to observe and interpret information in order to uncover and clearly communicate actionable insights that create value for our clients.
- Responsible for client business strategy, senior client relationships, and identifying long-term client needs and growth opportunities outside of a brief
- Develop strategic narratives to inspire audiences and culture-led ideas and meet brand objectives effectively
- Formulate recommendations regarding the client's broader business strategy
- Aid in the development of creative ideas designed to solve a specific business problem
- Ensure the work is achieving our clients’ broader business and marketing goals
- Provide leadership and guidance for other team members on branding initiatives
- Manage projects that span multiple departments, identify the right priorities for the strategy team, and inspire them by being graceful under pressure
- 10 + years of experience with consultancy level strategic skills that span across brand, comms, and media, with at least 5 years in an agency setting
- Ability to manage 3+ accounts at once
- Ability to develop creative ideas with a team of multi-disciplinary team members
- Experience working in traditional and new media spaces
- Experience working on large business-to-business brands a plus
- Experience with mentoring and growing talent
- Wealth of understanding in qual and quant research and an insatiable curiosity to find the story in both
- Strong understanding of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and project management skills
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Acute attention to detail
- Open to travel as necessary
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.