Giant Spoon is looking for a seasoned Senior Designer to be a creative collaborator who is inspired by the things around them, those they love and those they want to make better. The ideal candidate is obsessed with design and driven to make beautiful things. A Designer is inspired by everything they see and has an appreciation for simplification and well-executed typography.
We’re looking for someone with experience in designing brand-defining looks that work in digital and traditional mediums, plus experiential, social and long-form film. This person should be able to take a rough design to brainstorm effectively, create looks, present type layout options and ultimately make everything better than they found it.
We need storytellers who appreciate creating work that people want to find, become a part of and ultimately, share. As a maker you will become the voice of the ideas you create and therefore should be able to lead and present work effectively, both internally and externally. We’re looking for someone who can concept high level ideas and be part of a team, but also wants to go out there and create. Whether than means picking up a camera, flying a drone, whipping up some graphics or anything else that might come along.
- Concept and create beautifully designed layouts from briefs, insights and strategy
- Work closely with the Creative Director, art directors, copywriters, and strategists, but will also function independently
- Participate in day-to-day communication with key team members and partners
- Effectively share and present work within agency
- Recommend new formats and tools to leverage in client projects
- Champion the brand with consistency across visual design assets and help develop a unified design brand language as needed
- Craft memorable, storytelling visuals to support new business pitch opportunities as needed
- 6+ years of design experience, plus a Bachelor’s or equivalent in related field
- Experience designing for traditional digital platforms, plus web and social
- Proficient in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ready to learn new tools, plugins and softwares as needed to create high quality graphics for client work
- An outstanding appreciation for good design and graphic design principles
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Acute attention to detail
- Open to travel as necessary
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.