Giant Spoon is looking for an Analytics Director who loves to tell a good story and knows that the story often lies between the lines -- a combination of qualitative and quantitative, art and science analysis.
At Giant Spoon, each project is led by audience insights and strategy. We focus on the inner dynamics of an audience’s culture, because we believe that only then can brands break through category conventions in a way that is meaningful to our audiences. From the enlightening high-culture of Ira Glass to the cringe-worthy pop culture of Chris Harrison, our cultural and media immersion has no limit. In the same breath, we also believe that strategy should serve execution. If we cannot articulate how a strategy will come to life, it is likely not the best strategy.
We are looking for individuals who take pride in their ability to distill the complex and hard-to-understand into actionable insights. Candidates are able to extract meaningful learnings from the noise, and will also go out of their way to seek answers that are not immediately obvious. They find themselves doing more with less without losing sight of the client’s business objectives - geeking out on data throughout, while getting others excited in the process.
Collaboration is at the core of our business success and the Director will need to create a tight knit and dynamic relationship with our clients, and Media and Account teams. We want someone who is able to navigate a range of analytical tools and isn’t afraid to implement new ideas or layer in qualitative insights. They should be skeptical by nature and shouldn’t be afraid to interrogate data to qualify, validate and Q/A the work behind every conclusion.
Overall, we want a candidate who will always go above & beyond reporting to peel away the layers of data and suggest constructive marketing tests, advanced analytics engagements, consumer deep dives, and competitive opportunities to improve business performance on a regular basis.
- Work closely with clients to identify business needs and analytics opportunities, scoping customized analyses to drive marketing and business performance
- Play an instrumental role in evolving and designing new, innovative measurement tools. Managing the process through to delivery and take ownership of all-agency roll out
- Build a deep understanding of marketing plans and their objectives to help client teams build comprehensive measurement framework, test & learn plans, and tracking implementation
- Utilize general business knowledge to understand marketing, pricing, operational, competitive challenges and opportunities
- Guide the creation of advanced reporting through automated processes to more efficiently consolidate data from a multitude of internal, vendor and application specific sources
- Educate clients and outline the benefits/tradeoffs of Digital Attribution, Marketing Mix Modeling, and other measurement and optimization techniques
- 7+ years in media analytics with excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey and package technical findings in simple terms
- Previous management experience of minimum oversight of 4 people (preferably 6-10)
- Gravatas / ability to sit with executives internally and with clients
- Ability to develop bespoke and long-term brand health/creative/content measurement platforms and experience to execute with a range of relevant partners (i.e. Millward Brown, Beam, GFK, Ipsos, Knotch, etc.)
- Expert in using media planning, reporting and management tools such as Nielsen, Strata, Omniture, Google Analytics, Sizmek/Doubleclick, eMarketer for application/analysis
- Exposure to mobile, social, tablet measurement approaches as well as understanding of the role of attribution and paths to conversions
- Exposure to advanced engagement measurement approaches relevant to content and experiential marketing (i.e. beacons, time spent, sentiment)
- Demonstrates understanding of digital tagging, tracking, QA, and maintenance
- Thought leader in the conversation of ad verification and viewability
- Extremely detailed oriented and can aggregate data from different sources in a clear way for clients to digest easily
- Strong knowledge of different business intelligence, consumer insights and social listening tools such as, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Mintel and Iconoculture
- Experience with development or interpretation of CRM data analysis (Segmentation, Churn, LTV, Acquisition, etc.)
- Experience with digital tagging, tracking, QA and maintenance: Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Floodlights, etc
- Solid understanding of basic statistical concepts (significance testing, confidence intervals, correlation analysis, etc)
- Hands-on experience with statistical software packages and programming languages (R, Python, SQL, Java)
- Experience in data ETL including querying platform APIs and SQL databases
- Basic conceptual understanding of core data science pillars of programming, statistics, machine learning and data visualization
- Talent for researching trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- People person, vocal in opinion, articulate with rationale, resourceful and action-oriented
- Love never-been-measured before challenges, shifting deadlines and setting high bars of achievement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint is required
- Open to travel as necessary