The Senior Experiential Designer is responsible for leading an experiential project and design team from conceptualization through to final execution and installation. Reporting to the Associate Design Director, you will collaborate closely with a team of designers, copywriters, creative strategists, producers and fabricators.
With a background in Architecture, Interior, Scenic or Industrial Design you will be responsible for space planning, architectural visualization and rendering, graphic design, Technical specifications and interaction with fabricators.
- Lead design of large experiential projects from idea to completion by translating a concept into a three dimensional space.
- Work with fabrication and production teams to bring a three dimensional space to life within budget parameters.
- Create Mood boards, Floor plans, 3d Renderings, technical and materials specifications, and rentals selections.
- Develop 2D Graphics and guide a graphic designer in the design and production of these.
- Work on multiple projects while meeting internal and client deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Oversee an internal design team, while providing design direction and guidance during the design process.
- Oversee external vendors such as graphic/print vendors, fabricators, and construction companies.
- Oversee install and provide design direction during load-in.
- Communicating designs clearly and effectively to a client through verbal and visual means. Either meeting or exceeding their creative objectives and expectations.
- Having strong presentation skills to create, organize, oversee and pitch presentations.
- Overtime and travel is required and expected, if needed to complete a project or meet a deadline.
- BA / BS degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or Industrial Design
- 5 – 8 years of experience at a production agency, interior design firm, or architecture firm.
- A variety of work experience is preferred. Production agency experience is required.
- Proficiency in graphic design and spatial design.
- Proficiency in Sketchup and architectural rendering.
- Knowledge of a variety of 3D modeling and rendering software such as, but not limited to – Rhino, Grasshopper, Maya, Autocad, 3DS Max, Vray
- Knowledge of building standards and interior design standards.
- Experience in construction documentation and construction administration.
- Experience working on an experiential production from concept through installation.
- Experience with FF&E and retail.
- Experience working with an architectural visualizer is a plus.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Quick learner and the ability to pick up new software.
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.