An Experiential Designer is responsible for translating a concept into a three dimensional space. They are expected to develop a creative and visually pleasing design. They would oversee other junior and freelance designer, and coordinate with them to develop all aspects of the design including high quality 3D renderings/illustrations and graphics. Additionally they would work with the client to meet their needs, work with strategists to develop the concept/story, and work with producers to stay on budget and on time.
- Ability to lead design of a project from concept to completion.
- Developed understanding of a three dimensional space and construction.
- Ability to multitask, work on multiple projects, and meet client deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Overseeing external vendors such as graphic/print vendors, fabricators, and construction companies
- Overseeing install and giving design direction during load-in.
- Having a cooperative and collaborative attitude. Flexibility to be hands on and assisting in a variety of tasks, when needed. Maintaining composure during high stress situations.
- Working closely with the internal team to develop the aesthetic, design the space, and determine feasibility.
- Communicating designs clearly and effectively to a client through verbal and visual means. Either meeting or exceeding their creative objectives and expectations.
- Overtime and travel is required and expected, if needed to complete a project or meet a deadline.
- BA / BS degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or Industrial Design
- 3 – 5 years of experience at a production agency, interior design firm, or architecture firm.
- Proficiency in graphic design and spatial design.
- Proficiency in Sketchup and architectural rendering.
- ·Knowledge of a variety of 3D modeling and rendering software such as, but not limited to – Rhino, Grasshopper, Maya, Autocad, 3DS Max, Vray
- Knowledge of building standards and interior design standards.
- Experience in construction documentation and construction administration.
- Experience working on an experiential production from concept through installation.
- Experience in FF&E and retail is a plus.
- Experience working with an architectural visualizer is a plus.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Quick learner and the ability to pick up new software.