Giant Spoon is looking for a Media Strategist that can demonstrate strategic and creative planning skills through data and cultural driven insights for our clients.
At Giant Spoon, we don’t issue RFPs. We encourage our clients to prioritize impact over impressions, and to reimagine what “media” means in a mobile-first video-dominated world. We believe that media partnerships - true partnerships and not just transactions - are both effective for brands and more interesting for consumers than the one-way legacy approach.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the details. Qualified candidates take pleasure in getting to “do it all” at Giant Spoon, supporting on projects that blur the lines between media, strategy, intelligence and creative. Candidates are exposed to the best of both worlds, a double-major of sorts: they dream up phenomenally creative ideas, but also gain foundational experience in how the world of media operates. They should be prepared to get their hands dirty in all stages of the process, acting as a utility player to provide support to the broader team.
The Ideal candidate is constantly looking for ways to make operations more efficient, opportunities to improve the model or framework they are working with. Someone that will network with partners far and wide, from corporations to startups. We want go-getters. We want candidates with high expectations for themselves, hungry for the next opportunity to learn and grow.
- Create media plans and buy across both traditional and non-traditional including tv, ooh, digital display, video, mobile and social channels, but not limited to
- Develop recommendations to align audiences with programming - from TV shows to magazines to social media pages to influencers
- Manage day-to-day communication with key partners: publishers, partner agencies, clients, strategic partners, etc.
- Report on media performance and making strategic recommendations, analyzing delivery metrics for optimizations
- Monitor trends, tools, opportunities and applications in paid media environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge
- Lead team brainstorms and provide news stories for weekly intelligence wrap-ups
- Effective in hitting deadlines and finding ways to streamline process
- Create post launch presentations including screenshots, links and placement information to demonstrate proof of execution for clients
- 3-4 years in integrated media planning with strong expertise in both traditional and digital media
- Bachelor’s degree or above with interesting internship or work history, experience in media, marketing or advertising is a plus
- Professional writing skills, ability to construct a well-written email
- Experience with budget, billing and invoicing is a plus
- Experience with all social media channels
- Experience with CRM and data-led media initiatives
- Digital trafficking experience
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.