Giant Spoon is looking for a Senior Media Analyst who loves to tell a good story and knows that the story often lies between the lines -- a combination of qualitative and quantitative, art and science analysis.
We are looking for individuals who take pride in their ability to distill the complex and hard-to-understand into actionable insights. Candidates are able to extract meaningful learnings from the noise, and will also go out of their way to seek answers that are not immediately obvious. They find themselves doing more with less without losing sight of the client’s business objectives - geeking out on data throughout, while getting others excited in the process.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of digital and have experience working with media teams, directly with partners and with clients on projects ranging from audience planning, trend analysis, competitive, social and post-execution wrap-ups. Someone that is able to navigate a range of analytical tools and isn’t afraid to implement new ideas or layer in qualitative insights. We want candidates who are skeptical by nature and aren’t afraid to interrogate data to qualify, validate and Q/A the work behind every conclusion.
- Design and execute measurement strategies for media programs including but not limited to digital, video (TV, OTT, streaming and social video) strategy and distribution, emerging media (VR, bots), content partnerships and more
- Data ETL from various sources (DCM, Social Platforms, Website Analytics, Billing Systems, etc)
- Develop visual reports and articulate insights directly to strategy and client teams
- Ensure that client-facing and internal reporting is done in a timely manner
- Pull reports with business intelligence, consumer insights and social listening tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Mintel and Iconoculture
- Contribute to team brainstorms and provide news stories for weekly intelligence wrap-ups
- 3+ years in media analytics with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Expert in using media planning, reporting and management tools such as Nielsen, Strata, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, DoubleClick, eMarketer for application/analysis
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Experience in data ETL including querying platform APIs and SQL databases
- Avid learner that is eager to continuously identify and execute on opportunities to improve processes
- Solid understanding of basic statistical concepts (significance testing, confidence intervals, correlation analysis, etc)
- Hands-on experience with statistical software packages and programming languages (R, Python, SQL, Java)
- Basic conceptual understanding of core data science pillars of programming, statistics, machine learning and data visualization
- Experience with market research, communication planning tools, and business intelligence tools
- Talent for researching trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- People person, vocal in opinion, articulate with rationale, resourceful and action-oriented
- Love never-been-measured before challenges, shifting deadlines and setting high bars of achievement
- Open to travel as necessary
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.