Are you inspired by the world around you and obsessed with telling stories through design? The ideal candidate understands the fundamentals of design and strives to make beautifully original things. Well versed in conceptual thinking, an Art Director must be able to collaborate with other like-minded people to create brand-defining platforms that work across digital and traditional mediums, in addition to experiential, social, and long-form film.
This role will work alongside a Copywriter to bring stories to life for our brands. Equal parts strategy and craft, you will be able to create visually compelling content with laser sharp insights into the brand. The ideal candidate has the ability to consistently crank out best in class work. A strong collaborative mentality is a must.
- Concept and create beautifully designed content from briefs, insights, and strategy
- Work closely with the Creative Director, Associate Creative Directors, Copywriters, Designers, and Strategists, but have the ability to work independently when needed.
- Participate in day-to-day communication with key team members and partners to identify the right times to execute and the right times to delegate
- Effectively communicate ideas and present work within agency
- Recommend new formats and tools to leverage in client projects
- Champion the brand with consistency across visual design assets and help develop a unified design brand language as needed
- Craft memorable, storytelling visuals to support new business pitch opportunities as needed
- Make. Cool. Shit.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in design, communications, or advertising.
- 2-4 years of visual design and art director experience, ideally in a creative/content/social agency environment
- Excellent art directing, design skills, plus an outstanding appreciation for good design
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong writing skills and the ability to construct presentations
- Experience with digital and/or social content production
- Effective organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Digitally connected, passionate about technology and innovation with an insatiable curiosity for how it applies to our industry
- Acute attention to detail
- Open to travel as necessary
Giant Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We are an agency that is built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.