An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built a reputation of civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking a Civil Engineer II to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
This position will primarily consist of performing design engineering and plan production efforts on a variety of transportation projects for State, County, and Local Agencies. The individual should possess a knowledge of roadway design, horizontal and vertical alignments, grading and drainage, and utility improvements using Microstation/GEOPAK and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D. This position requires independent work skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate with GHA staff as well as clients and outside agencies to achieve necessary approvals. This position requires both office and field work. The candidate must be self-motivated and organized to handle a variety of tasks on multiple projects.
The responsibilities of the position include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
● Design roadway, underground utilities, and infrastructure improvements for the state, county, and municipal clients in accordance with accepted design standards.
● Ability to perform independent CAD work with minimal oversight.
● Assist Project Manager with project administrative activities and project deliverables.
● Complete quantity take-offs and prepare engineering opinions of probable cost.
● Address potential conflicts with existing infrastructure; perform physical site observations and assess existing conditions.
● Completes tasks assigned by project engineers and project managers and meets project schedules.
● Assist with construction engineering services for municipal and county clients as needed.
● Communicates with clients regarding project issues and attends meetings as required.
Required Knowledge, Education, Experience:
● B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with a Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred
● Have 4 to 6 years of roadway design experience.
● Proficient in Microstation/GEOPAK and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
● Valid Driver’s License.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and as part of a larger team.
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills essential.
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
GHA offers an excellent benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us atwww.gha-engineers.com
or contact Anika Moore, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.