Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. (GHA) takes great pride in our intern program and we dedicate ourselves to improving it every year. Typically, 10-15 interns are hired each summer to be important members of our team working alongside other interns and our experienced staff.
Each intern is assigned a mentor and regularly assists with engineering design for various project types including highways, utilities, school and park sites, commercial sites while using AutoCAD and Microstation. Interns also might work on survey data collection, traffic data collection and analyses, construction observation, stormwater quality surveys, and wetland delineations. GHA also provides paid weekly in-house classes and hands on training on topics such as AutoCAD, construction management, stormwater design and surveying.
GHA’s internship program:
· Offers real world experiences on exciting projects
· Demonstrates first-hand how civil engineering transforms people and places
· Provides collaboration with knowledgeable professionals
· Provides paid weekly learning opportunities presented by GHA professionals
· Helps establish leadership and communications skills
· Establishes a strong work ethic
· Provides opportunities for Full Time employment upon graduation (22 of our current staff members were former interns.)
At the conclusion of the summer season, we have a company cook out where interns make short presentations about their experience during the summer with prizes awarded for the best presentations. Other activities include an outing to a Cubs-Brewers game, a volleyball team, and after work social events. Come join us!
Internships are available to sophomore through graduate students.