The Civil Engineer will perform engineering design tasks for site design improvements, storm and sanitary sewer projects, water main improvements, parks improvements, parking lot improvements, and other related design projects from conceptual to final design.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Engineering design, plan preparations, specifications, and other related tasks for site developments. Such work may include coordination and assistance to other company divisions such as Transportation, Municipal and Construction Divisions.
- Client management and team coordination with other engineers and technicians as necessary to perform work.
- Knowledge in stormwater design and analysis.
- Understanding of the federal, state, and local stormwater permitting requirements and experience in obtaining various permits.
- Prepare or assist in the development of proposals which include scope, schedules, and budget.
Required Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Illinois.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred.
- 4+ years of direct civil engineering design experience.
- Strong water resources background preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and as part of a larger team.
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills essential.
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned company. It offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.