Project Engineer who works as a technical leader in conjunction with the Project Manager. This position may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on specialized design projects. Directs and supervises other engineering activities. May serve as Project Manager on less complex projects.
The position will primarily consist of performing design engineering and plan production efforts on a variety of transportation projects for State, County, and Local Agencies. The individual should possess a knowledge of roadway/highway design including horizontal and vertical alignments, profiles, grading and drainage improvements using MicroStation / GEOPAK. This position requires independent work skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate with GHA staff and the project team, as well as clients and outside agencies to achieve necessary approvals. The candidate must be self-motivated and organized to handle a variety of tasks on multiple projects.
- Design roadway/highway and infrastructure improvements for State, County and Local Agency clients in accordance with accepted design standards using MicroStation / GEOPAK.
- Ability to prepare complete engineering plans, specifications and estimates (PS&E) using IDOT Standards.
- Oversee design for multiple Federal Aid Phase I and Phase II projects for a variety of clients.
- Ability to perform independent design work as well as direct and review the production of design drawings by others.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure tasks, quality, project schedules, budgets, and client satisfaction are met.
- Communicate with project team and clients regarding project issues, coordinate and attend technical meetings, as required.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited School with an Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Minimum of 6 years of roadway/highway design experience with an understanding of IDOT workflow.
- Strong MicroStation / GEOPAK skills with experience in corridor modeling.
- Ability to work in a team-first culture that encourages individual development and accomplishment of goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned company. It offers excellent benefits packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.