This position requires a Professional Engineer Intern (PEI) license in the State of Illinois, or the ability to obtain within 6 months. This position also requires independent work skills and the ability to communicate with GHA staff as well as outside agencies to complete engineering design on a variety of transportation projects for State, County, and Local Agencies. Finally, this position requires both office and field work.
As a Transportation Design Engineer, you will be able to incorporate the company values in all phases of your work. You shall demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, be a self-starter, be able to carry out assignments with limited oversight in a timely manner, and show competency in the following areas:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of Project Managers and Design Engineers.
- Assist with preparation of engineering plans including plan and profile, alignments, drainage and utility, maintenance of traffic, details, cross sections and specifications using IDOT Standards.
- Assist with construction observation duties on various projects.
- Assist with the processing of Federally funded Phase I and Phase II projects for a variety of clients.
- Conduct various engineering studies including drainage and traffic.
- Assist project managers and project engineers with a variety of tasks across all divisions of the company required during project delivery.
- B. S. Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 2-4 years’ experience with prior internship experience in transportation/civil engineering a plus.
- Experience with Microstation /GEOPAK and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- MS Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
Salary / Benefits:
Salary Range dependent on experience. PTO, Floating Holidays, Paid Holidays, 401k Retirement Plan/Profit Sharing Plan, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Maternity/Paternity Leave.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.