An exciting opportunity to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, a multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built its reputation on civil engineering with a personal touch. We are seeking a mid-level Water Resources Engineer to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
The responsibilities of the position include:
· Stormwater management system design and analysis, including detention, conveyance system, and stormwater quality BMPs;
· Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, drainage investigation, and floodplain and floodway analyses;
· Preparation of drainage studies and hydraulic reports;
· Engineering design, plan preparation, specifications, and other related tasks for site developments, roadway improvements and flood control projects;
· Obtaining various regulatory permits.
This engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering;
- PE License and Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred;
- 4+ years of experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on stormwater management design and analysis;
- Strong experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, PondPack, StormCAD, TR20, and XPSWMM;
- Working knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation;
- Basic understanding of the federal, state, and local stormwater, floodplain and floodway permitting requirements and experience in obtaining various permits;
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.