An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built a reputation of civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking an Engineering Technician III to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
This position requires participation in a variety of technical engineering work involving both field and office support of engineering projects. Operating various types of equipment; performing related mathematical computations; and provides support to professional engineering staff. This is a broad classification with individual positions assigned to specific functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap divisions depending on the operational needs and staffing levels.
As an Engineering Technician III, you will utilize the company values in all phases of your work. You shall demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, be a self-starter, be able to carry out assignments with limited oversight in a timely manner, and show competency in the following areas:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their responsibilities.
- Perform engineering and related duties associated with construction inspection/layout of the roadway, sewer and water, and other municipal improvements and commercial developments.
- An understanding of the requirements of Phase III Construction Engineering as it relates to the process of inspecting construction improvements to ensure contractor work is in compliance with contract plans, specifications, and applicable standards.
- Knowledge of and perform required documentation for Phase III Construction Engineering utilizing State and Tollway guidelines and processes.
- Communicates with project managers and clients regarding project issues; attends meetings.
- Providing field and record information to be used in production of engineering drawings and reports.
- Participate in the production of plans and the preparation, filing, and retrieval of engineering maps, documents, and records.
- Assist engineering staff in the preparation of engineering designs and reports, related drawings, specifications and construction project estimates.
- The candidate will have the knowledge of engineering and construction concepts required to complete this work independently.
- Responsible for maintaining technical knowledge through the completion of various training initiatives; attending seminars, reviewing professional publications, and attending in-house management training.
- A Bachelor or Associate Degree in an engineering technical field required, or 10 years with a combination of education and experience in roadway or municipal improvements, design or construction.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License and registered, insured personal vehicle.
- Experience with Microstation /GEOPAK and/or AutoCAD/Civil 3D is a plus.
- Utilize various engineering and word processing software including Microsoft Word, Excel and other programs used within your division.
- Must be able to take direction, collaborate with other team members, have good interpersonal skills, and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Work is performed in both an office environment and outdoors including sites with exposure to inclement weather or extreme weather conditions. Moderate physical demands, including sitting, standing, or walking for prolonged periods of time. Strength sufficiently to lift and move items weighing up to sixty (60) pounds. Vision should be sufficient to see and read plan specifications and drive a vehicle with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents and to operate survey equipment. Hearing sufficient to converse in the normal audio range with or without correction.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com
or contact Anika Moore, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.