This is a great opportunity for anyone planning to begin a career in the land surveying industry. The Survey Intern will be involved in assisting the Survey Group in completing field work for the preparation of existing condition drawings, and construction staking and layout. Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with licensed Professional Land Surveyors, Survey Technicians and Directors of the company.
The internship will be approximately 40 hours a week and is a paid internship.
· Support Professional Land Surveyors (PLS) in project work.
· Assist PLS and Survey Technicians in field duties.
· Ability to follow instructions.
· Ability to work in varying weather conditions.
· Responsible for meeting assigned project goals and objectives and ensuring on schedule and accurate completion.
· Ensure that the company policies and procedures are practiced during employment.
· Currently pursuing at a minimum an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in surveying, engineering, construction management or related fields.
· Valid Illinois driver’s license.
· Strong math skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Not adverse to physically demanding work (must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs. for 500 ft.).
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify Employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.