An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built a reputation of civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking a GIS Analyst to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois
Working as part of a team of skilled information technology, planning, and engineering professionals. This technical position is responsible for providing spatial analysis, cartography and maintenance of documents in support of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and CAD activities of the region’s transportation, traffic, land use, utilities and other geospatial needs. This position also requires independent work skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate with GHA staff and clients, as well as outside agencies.
As a GIS Analyst, you will utilize the company values in all phases of your work. You shall demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, be a self-starter and be able to carry out assignments with limited oversight. In addition, show competency in the following areas:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
- Creates and maintains GIS database features, webmaps and metadata using ESRI software as new data is received.
- Verifies and maintains accuracy of data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical cartography skills, practices, and methods as applicable to a Municipal setting. Some knowledge of applicable city policies, laws, and regulations affecting decision activities.
- Assists other staff in the performance of their duties, as assigned.
- Performs complex analysis projects using GIS/CAD software tools and data.
- Conducts and coordinates field data collection using various Global Positioning System (GPS) units, and various analytical tasks.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Candidate must be located in the Chicagoland area.
- Local travel is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience related to geographic information systems or computer-aided mapping.
- Must have Certified GIS Professional certification or have the ability to obtain it within two years.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in use of the latest ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software.
- Experience managing SDE geodatabases preferred.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to write concisely and convey meaning in a manner appropriate to different readers.
- Must have experience with ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.
- Experience or training with AutoCAD and MicroStation software preferred.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com
or contact Anika Moore, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.