Are you a Traffic Engineer looking for the right firm to place your talents? Gewalt Hamilton is waiting to hear from you. GHA offers a positive, cooperative environment based on integrity, dedication and passion.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities including:
· B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with a Fundamental-in-Engineering certificate (FE) and/or Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) License.
· Minimum of 2-5 years of traffic engineering experience required.
· Has demonstrated that they can work on multiple, complex projects at one time.
· Working knowledge of the following software programs: Highway Capacity Software (HCS), SYNCHRO / SimTraffic, GIS and MS Office Suite (Word and Excel).
· Be familiar with traffic engineering guidelines, including: IDOT, ITE, FHWA, AASHTO, and MUTCD publications for preparation of Traffic Impact Studies.
· Experience with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
· Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
· Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
The Traffic Engineer focuses on the preparation of Traffic Impact Studies and Transportation Planning Studies, geometric design, Intersection Design Studies (IDS), attendance and presentations at public meetings, and provides input on transportation / traffic aspects of general civil engineering projects. The Traffic Engineer is accountable for the successful completion of assigned tasks and projects. The Traffic Engineer shall be a motivated individual who can work independently, part of at team, and successfully complete multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Gewalt Hamilton Associates engineers thrive on collaboration, have excellent organizational skills, and are accountable to each other. As a GHA Traffic Engineer, you must be able to carry out assignments with limited oversight and within timeline expectations. Must show competency in the following areas:
WHAT YOU DO:
· Evaluate traffic data and perform field observations.
· Preparing engineering calculations, technical report writing and computer drafting in support of Traffic Impact Studies and Transportation Planning Studies.
· Traffic modeling and capacity analysis using HCS and/or Synchro software.
· Review and analyze crash data.
· Assist with roadway, crosswalks and bicycle facility design and the preparation of Intersection Design Studies (IDS).
· Traffic control warrant analysis.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
GHA is an ESOP company. Salary Range is dependent on your experience. PTO, Floating Holidays, Paid Holidays, 401k Retirement Plan/Profit Sharing Plan, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Maternity/Paternity Leave.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.