The Transportation Engineer will perform as a Project Engineer and/or Project Manager and focuses on the preparation of traffic impact and transportation planning studies, transportation design, public involvement, and provides input on transportation / traffic aspects of general municipal civil engineering projects. The Transportation Engineer is accountable for the successful management of assigned projects. This client-focused role requires a hands-on manager, overseeing engineering activities and assigned staff as well as leading business development. The Transportation Engineer may manage several projects and tasks, and may be responsible for completing those tasks, simultaneously.
· Prepares the scope of services, detailed project budget and proposals / contracts.
· Determines the composition of the project team(s).
· Assigns tasks, schedules, and budgets to project team members (including any subcontractors). Coordinates project scheduling.
· Is responsible for completing each project on time and on budget. Regularly monitors project schedules and budgets throughout the project life.
· Serves as primary client contact for selected projects.
· Takes an active role in the development and mentoring of project team members.
· Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet internal and client deadlines
· Preparing engineering calculations, technical report writing and computer drafting in support of traffic impact and planning study preparation.
· Working knowledge of the following software programs: Highway Capacity Software (HCS), SYNCHRO / SimTraffic, and MS Office Suite (Word and Excel).
· Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
· B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with an Illinois Professional Engineer’s License.
· Minimum of 8+ years of transportation engineering required.
· Registration as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is preferred
· Has demonstrated that they can work on multiple, complex projects at one time.
· Demonstrated strong customer focus and ability to generate / expand client base.
· Has a history of successfully completing complex projects.
· Be familiar with local guidelines for preparation of Traffic Impact Studies.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
Salary / Benefits:
Salary Range dependent on experience. PTO, Floating Holidays, Paid Holidays, 401k Retirement Plan/Profit Sharing Plan, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Maternity/Paternity Leave.