The Civil Engineer will perform engineering design tasks for roadway, site design improvements, storm and sanitary sewer projects, water main improvements, parking lot improvements and other related capital improvement projects from conceptual to final design.
In addition, the candidate shall:
- Be responsible for various engineering tasks related to project studies, designs and development of contract bid documents
- Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and permits for projects.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Assist with general municipal engineering tasks.
- Perform computer drafting on projects with AutoCAD program.
- Coordinate project assignments with other engineers and technicians within the Division.
Required Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- 3 to 8 years of direct civil engineering, municipal engineering or design experience.
- Engineering Intern (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Illinois.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following engineering design and office software:
- AutoCAD or Microstation
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and as part of a larger team
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills essential.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed oral instructions.
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.