An exciting opportunity is available to join Gewalt Hamilton Associates, an employee-owned, multi-faceted civil engineering and land surveying company that has built a reputation of civil engineering with a personal approach. We are seeking an entry-level Civil Engineer I to join our growing team located in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
The Civil Engineer will perform engineering design tasks for site design improvements, storm and sanitary sewer projects, water main improvements, park improvements, parking lot improvements, and other related design projects from conceptual to final design.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Assist with civil design projects including geometrics, profiles/grading, storm sewer, detention calculations, utility coordination, bid items, and specifications.
- Assist with construction drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Perform and document field investigations.
- Visit project sites to assist construction observation duties.
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of civil engineers and designers.
- Work in a team setting with other team members within all divisions of the company.
Required Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Prior internship experience in civil engineering a plus, but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License and registered insured personal vehicle.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and as part of a larger team.
- Self-starting, detail-oriented individual, with organizational and interpersonal skills essential.
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve.
- The ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com
or contact Anika Moore, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an E-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.