We are looking for our client, tech company founded by 4 Microsoft MVPs, a Senior Big Data Engineer. Their team is made of people passionate in technology. They love helping out their clients with their technological challenges. They enjoy sharing their knowledge with them, especially when it comes to the latest innovations. They work with agile methodologies, in a fun and flexible environment giving you opportunity to enjoy every day of your work.
They value experience, but also capabilities and competency. You will work in a multidisciplinary team working with complex projects for their clients. Sometimes, you will have to provide training or help their customers in person. But, they don't do bodyshopping, so you will not be abandoned in a client without knowing who your peers are. The rest depends on your skills and preferences.
- We don't do bodyshopping
- We are committed to the agile values
- We aim to build satisfying relationships with our clients
- We aim to be an inspiring reference through our work
- We are passionate about sharing our knowledge with others
- We encourage and support each other to get involved into the community and talk at conferences
- We constantly push ourselves to be creative and innovative
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience with Azure cloud services
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Azure Stream Analytics, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: C#, Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.