Do you love work into a multicultural company with a Big Data Environment? Keep reeding!
If you love scale and want to contribute to one of the largest and fastest-growing big data platforms in the world we’d love to hear from you: Our client is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join one of its core Platform UI teams in Barcelona.
What will you do?
- You will be a member of the Platform Services team, this means that you need to be familiar with or be up to the challenge to work with many technologies.
- Create and maintain distributed high-throughput applications with technologies with different technologies like Java, Kotlin or NodeJs, this includes building GraphQL APIs.
- Create and maintain real-time processing services with KStream on top of one of the biggest Kafka clusters in the world, with powerful search capabilities running a fault-tolerant Elasticsearch cluster.
- Ensure architectural direction with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Be an evangelist and mentor for best practices among engineers inside and outside the team.
You will enjoy...
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
Super if you have...
- You have a high level of expertise developing, shipping and maintaining high throughput Java services. Experience with other languages like Kotlin or NodeJS is a plus.
- You’re an expert working with REST APIs and GraphQL APIs (deep understanding of HTTP, pagination, request retrial, …)
- You’re very comfortable with asynchronous programming techniques: streams, event-based flows, task queues, message queues.
- You’re well versed in common distributed systems patterns like backpressure, circuit breaks or bulkheads.
- You have a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- You have great team player skills.
- You speak fluent English.
BOOM! If you have...
- You’re passionate about the whole stack a complex modern application requires.
- You’re very interested in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas.
- You understand the value that builds and test automation brings to a development team's efficiency and reliability and is passionate about applying these techniques to your projects.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- Bonus points for being an Open source contributor and/or speaking Spanish.
Let´s have a chat and Get With us! 😊