Do you love work into a multicultural company with a Big Data Environment? Keep reeding!
If you love scale and want to contribute to one of the largest and fastest-growing big data platforms in the world we’d love to hear from you: Our client is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join one of its core data teams in Barcelona and work on the high-performance, big data components that power the company’s world-class suite of software analytics products.
What will you do?
- Use your experience to drive the team’s technical roadmap.
- Engage with the team members to discuss and implement service improvements and new development.
- Own and drive the improvement for your team’s processes.
- Build, maintain, and scale back-end Java services and their support tools.
- Be frequently challenged with design and development problems.
- Work in Barcelona in a distributed team with close collaboration with our other teams in the United States.
You will enjoy...
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
Super if you have...
- You have a strong engineering experience (at least 5+ years) who can bring your past experience to bear on our roadmap.
- You have experience in technical mentorship and support for helping level-up the skills of colleagues on the team.
- You feel comfortable having a strong voice in team discussions around priority and determining the ‘next most’ important work to engage in.
- You have good experience building multithreaded and distributed systems with a good understanding of scalability patterns.
- You have experience shipping and desire to continue to develop production, 24x7, highly reliable, high-throughput services.
- You are not afraid of adapting, learning and getting your hands dirty with different languages and frameworks.
- You communicate easily in English.
BOOM! If you have...
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- You have a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to improve the product sharing ownership.
- You are self-motivated, able to work both independently and as part of a distributed team, learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
- You are not afraid to be on-call and ready to extinguish fires.
- You have an interest in trying and learning new technologies.
Let´s have a chat and Get With us! 😊