Upper Hand is an end to end lifecycle software in sports and fitness designed to manage operations while using forward thinking innovation to drive growth. Upper Hand understands the people who work with our customers better than anyone else. Knowledge that helps our customers escape the administrative vortex of running a business so they can focus on developing clients with Upper Hand. From the front desk to the back office, we’re delivering the tools needed to provide an industry leading experience to clients of sports organizations, an experience that simplifies life for parents while empowering staff to take their business up and to the right.
About the Position
As a Data Analyst you will play a key role in analyzing financial and user level data to improve the in-app experience for our software customers. You should be a sharp, curious, and analytic individual who has a passion for diving into data and building models to understand how businesses are performing relative to their peers. Your financial data insights will influence product design to drive improved acquisition, retention, and monetization.
What a Data Analyst Intern Does at UP?
- Ability to look at data and form hypothesis and test methodologies to identify bad revenue models
- Evaluate business questions and determine the data needed to answer them
- Produces strategic insights to help business stakeholders make business decisions
- Presents analysis conclusions to business stakeholders in a clear, understandable, and valuable way
- Identifies and clearly articulates insights drawn from data to include both in person and web- based presentation of findings and recommendations
- Queries data necessary to conduct analyses
- Advises product teams about data capture needs
- Documents financial analysis methodologies, conclusions, and business actions taken
- Considers analysis transparency and reproducibility as best practices.
- Communicates clearly (and as often as needed) with team members and business stakeholders
- Supports senior team members with data identification and retrieval
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in in a quantitative related field, such as: Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- Understanding for revenue modeling, budgeting, and cost analysis
- Knowledge of probability, statistics, and descriptive and predictive modeling techniques preferred
- Experience with or a strong desire to learn SQL to extract and clean data for analysis
- Financial analysis, data mining, machine learning, or statistical modeling
- Experience with a data visualization; Periscope Data is a plus
- Ability to communicate insights using PowerPoint, Word and Excel to technical and non-technical audience
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills