About Upper Hand
Upper Hand is an end to end lifecycle software in sports and fitness designed to manage operations while using forward-thinking innovation to drive growth. Upper Hand understands the people who work with our customers better than anyone else. The knowledge that helps our customers escape the administrative vortex of running a business so they can focus on developing clients with Upper Hand.
As Upper Hand's Head of Enterprise Sales, you will be responsible for accelerating Upper Hand's expansion into the enterprise space, leading and scaling a world-class team that is changing the way the world's largest companies leverage talent. You will work closely with Upper Hand's Head of Sales and will lead Upper Hand's Sales Team to target, develop and close high-value clients across the enterprise world.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be an exceptionally creative and well-organized salesperson, as well as an excellent leader and critical thinker.
- Work closely with the Head of Sales to accelerate the expansion of Upper Hand's business in the enterprise space.
- Be a leader and teammate, spending time both operating to close clients on the front lines and guiding the team's development.
- Optimize and evolve all of the team's inbound and outbound sales processes through data-driven, results-oriented evaluation and experimentation.
- Develop account prioritization criteria and work with members of the Enterprise Sales Team to prioritize their target client portfolios.
- Regularly meet with members of the Sales Team to review activity, guide further direction, evaluate performance, and develop coaching plans.
- Work closely with Upper Hand's Head of Sales to evaluate and evolve the team’s short-, medium-, and long-term tactics for establishing Upper Hand as the leading provider of client software in the sports and fitness enterprise space.
- Define geographic focuses or vertically assigned industries for members of your Sales Team, and work with them to develop strategic enterprise sales playbooks tailored to each client segment.
- Develop and execute a plan for scaling the team structure and goals, as well as the interviewing standards and hiring plans needed to achieve these goals.
- Build, maintain, and grow C-level relationships with multiple executives from clients in your team’s portfolio.
- Set aggressive sales goals for your team and take full ownership over leading the team to meet those goals.
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- 10+ years of proven success leading professional service sales including staffing and/or project sales, with relationships ranging from director-level to C-level contacts.
- Successful experience as a sales team leader at a rapidly growing professional services organization.
- You must be an exceptional individual contributor and coach who can both work with salespeople on the front lines and also develop and execute coaching plans for the team’s continued development.
- You must be a creative, entrepreneurial salesperson with exceptional leadership and critical thinking skills.
- You must have a strong understanding of how to navigate a large organization to assess which accounts/projects are in need of our specific resources, as well as a strong ability to evaluate the merit of creative new tactics.
- An exceptional rolodex and a strong ability to successfully leverage these relationships both individually and as a team.
- Extensive experience building client portfolios of $10M+, including experience negotiating complex sales contracts
- You must have exceptional discipline, attention to detail, and motivation. You must be fully capable of leading the team in responding to consistent challenges and going above and beyond as needed.
- You must be highly capable of motivating a team towards the prospect of growing an innovative, world-changing business with us.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills. This includes being fully capable of building and maintaining a respected boardroom presence.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to excel at Upper Hand. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
The position is located at the Upper Hand HQ in downtown Indianapolis. Compensation for relocation will be provided as required.
All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.