Funding Hero Description
gettacar is a direct-to-your-door, online platform that enables users to buy, finance, and trade used cars. The old way of buying cars is outdated. We want buying a car to be as simple as buying a pair of shoes and as trustworthy as online banking. By controlling the process from beginning to end, we allow customers to shop a wide inventory of cars, choose their terms, and have the car delivered right to their door. We even give 7 days to decide if you want to keep it. This is the future of car buying.
About the position:
gettacar is seeking a versatile, goal-driven individual with high standards of achievement and a taste for challenge to join our Accounting team as a Funding Associate. This role will support the Controller in daily processing of receivables for finance contracts while maintaining positive relationships with outside banks and vendors. This role is perfect for an individual who enjoys a fast-paced work environment that's full of variety and teamwork. We are looking for candidates who are eager to use their amazing understanding of people and processes to help create a successful, fun, welcoming place of business with us at gettacar!
We'll count on you to:
- Be a go-to person in a pinch by being cross-trained in all areas of accounting, with a willingness to step in when needed
- Perform general clerical tasks, including filing, data entry and filing
- Perform assigned tactical duties related to lien payoffs and funding for car deals including posting deals and inspection of all contract correspondences with banks
- Post all sales transactions to general ledger
- Manage workflow of daily bank deposits
- Reconcile merchant reports for gettacar and Danis Auto locations
- Process aftermarket warranties, including payments and cancellations
- Assist accounting team in reconciliation of accounting schedules
- Be flexible enough to organize and adapt daily work to changing situations and demands
- Partner with the accounting, sales, and F&I teams to implement process and flow that creates a culture of teamwork, quality, ownership, and accountability on a day-to-day basis
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. BA / BS preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritizing and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel
- Notary Public designation or the ability to successfully obtain and maintain a Notary Public designation within six (6) months of employment required.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle and complete high-volume transactions with minimal errors.
- Must be a team player with positive, winning attitude.